Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Pharmacophobia


Pharmacophobia: An exaggerated or irrational fear of drugs.


Yep.......that's me. I HATE taking medicine. What is it about it I hate you ask??? Everything! I hate everything from the smell, taste, the idea of HAVING TO TAKE IT!!! I know that it's all mental and stupid but I just HATE IT!


I am FORCING myself to get over this irrational fear, but it's kind of hard. I am writing everything down (like you would do for a child.) I am writing down what I take and when. While everyday I keep telling myself over and over ::YOU NEED THIS.....YOU NEED THIS...YOU HAVE TO TAKE HAVE THIS........YOU HAVE TO TAKE THIS::


I realize that makes me sound crazy but it seems to be working.........





****I posted this blog and didn't even mention my medication. I am having to take Metformin (glucophage) for my PCOS. I have to take two 500 MG tablets everyday for like........ the rest of my life. :( I hate the idea of HAVING to take something everyday... forever. It just sucks is all!
Also, in case you aren't aware of what PCOS is......read the information below.
PCOS
Poly cystic ovary disease is a condition in which there are many small cysts in the ovaries, which can affect a woman's ability to get pregnant.
To read more about PCOS and it symptoms and effects please click the following link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome
I do not suffer from all of the symptoms but a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment